Content being validated
A simpler chapel
The Issenheim Altarpiece (1512-1516) has been on display in the chapel of the former Dominican convent since the Unterlinden Museum was founded. The building is now brighter and more streamlined, thanks to the restoration of the nave and roof carried out between 2013 and 2015 by the Monuments Historiques. The altarpiece is now displayed on sober steel structures that highlight its status as a work of art. The lighting has been redesigned and the church’s windows, covered with a veil, diffuse a soft light on the panels.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration