Content being validated
A castle destroyed in the 16th century
Built around 1030, the Castle of the bishops of Cavaillon became the summer residence of Philippe de Cabassolle (1305-1372) in the 14th century, when he was officiating as Bishop of Cavaillon after having been regent and chancellor of the Kingdom of Naples then rector of the Comtat Venaissin and papal legate. Later bought by the Saignet family, the castle was destroyed in the 16th century and then abandoned when the industries located on the banks of the Sorgue modified the structure of the village.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration