Content being validated
Three churches on a cemetery
In the Middle Ages, Riquewihr was known by the saying “Drei Kirchen auf einem Kirchhofe”, three churches on a cemetery. The first one was dedicated to Sainte Marguerite and dating from the 12th to the 15th century. According to custom, the cemetery then surrounded the parish church. The pilgrimage church dedicated to Notre Dame was built between 1337 and 1338, and the Saint Erard church linked to the nearby hospital dates from the end of the 14th century. The current Protestant temple was built on the remains of the Sainte-Marguerite church by the architects Jean-François Giroy and François-Louis Laubser in 1846.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration