Content being validated
The time of congregations
Just one year after the closure of the Royaumont textile factory (1863), the congregation of the missionary Oblats of Mary Immaculate bought what remained of the abbey. Royaumont thus became the headquarters of the Order and Abbot Fayette undertook restoration work to repair the damage that had been done to the conventual buildings by the spinning mill. Many details on the history of Royaumont Abbey in the 18th and 19th centuries can be found in two works written in 1867 by Abbot Henri-Louis Duclos. After a period of five years, the Oblats would sell the abbey to the Sisters of the Sainte-Famille de Bordeaux. The latter set up a novitiate in Royaumont.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration