Content being validated
The third bridge of Mostuéjouls
Following the collapse of the first two bridges of Mostuéjouls, in 1853 and 1900, it was agreed, in 1904, to build a third one lower on the Tarn. The plans were entrusted to the engineer Le Cornec under the direction of Mr. Lacombe. They chose the crossroads of La Muse, 656 ft (200 m) downstream, where the valley widens. The village's blacksmith, Louis Armand, improvised as a diver to lay the first foundations at the bottom of the water. The bridge was completed in 1907, and the road along the Gorges du Tarn in 1909.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration