Content being validated
The Court of the Autrey Abbey
0
0
In 1579 Melchior Strauss, a winegrower and bourgeois from Riquewihr, bought the Court of the Abbey from the Augustinian canons of Autrey. It was restored from 1579 to 1581 by Antoine Muzat, an entrepreneur from Milan. The year "1581" is engraved on the door of the monument's turret. It rises from the cellar to the attic by a suspended spiral staircase. Its 8-rib vault supports a terrace, and its railing is decorated with stone laces. It has been listed as a Historic Monument since 1990.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring