Content being validated
The Clos de Vougeot, the jewel of Burgundy
0
0
The Château du Clos de Vougeot is located in the heart of the Burgundy vineyard. It was built by the Cistercian monks of the Abbey de Cîteaux. The castle holds its name from the small river La Vouge. This 20-miles-long river crosses the department of Côte-d'Or and flows into the Saône. The monks built a 2-miles wall around their precious vineyard. Listed as a historic monument since 1949, the Château du Clos de Vougeot has been a symbol of culture, history, wine, and festivals in Burgundy for over a century.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring