Content being validated
Reims, Eglise St Jacques
The Church of St. James is the only remaining medieval parish church in Reims. It was raised in 1190 for the Couture district, the present-day Place Drouet d'Erlon. The Gothic spire, shot down by a hurricane in 1711, was replaced by a baroque bell tower, in turn destroyed in 1918. It was on this building that the architect Henri Deneux experimented with his prototype frame made of reinforced concrete elements, which he then used for the cathedral and the Basilica of Saint-Remi.
Read More
Related content

Media currently exploring