Content being validated
Reformed Church of Samedan, Switzerland
4
0
The Reformed Church in Samedan in the Upper Engadine is an Evangelical Reformed church in the middle of the village. The construction of today's cubic baroque sermon church goes back to the time after the Bündner turmoil in 1682 and is based on the remains of a Romanesque predecessor church. The church tower in the north-east of the building in the form of a campanile with an onion dome was erected in 1770–73 by the Milanese architect Antonio Carlo Ribordi and reconstructed according to the original in 1999. The square interior of the church is framed by galleries, on one of which is the organ prospect dating from 1772 with rococo stylistic elements. The steeply towering pulpit also dates from the Rococo era, while the late Baroque communion table dates back to 1700.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration