Content being validated
Phare du Stiff - Ouessant
The Stiff lighthouse was built on the highest point of the island of Ouessant in 1695, by decision of Vauban, and put into service in 1700. It has been classified as a Historic Monument since 2011. It has 2 adjoining towers, of different diameters: one houses the staircase, the other (the largest) houses the guards' dwellings and the fuel reserve. It was electrified in 1957, and automated in 1993. The lantern lights up at 20:30 It is 32 meters high and has 104 steps. It was restored in 2014.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration