Content being validated
Named after the compass rose
The Les Rhumbs villa was built around 1895 by a former Parisian industrialist, Marcel Albert. He named it after the thirty-two divisions of the compass rose. This symbol appears on a mosaic on the floor of one of the entrances to the house and on the ironwork of the winter garden. Refined on the inside, the villa displays a Fontange knot, symbol of the Louis XVI style, on a wall in the living room. The intimate universe of Christian Dior is revealed in each room of the museum.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration