Content being validated
The successive squares of Castellar
At the start of its construction in 1435, the village of Castellar only comprised houses, twenty-nines altogether plus a manor house gathered around the church, following an agreement made with the local lords. The locality then gradually developed, each new vault testifying to an expansion. The creation of a first square, successively called Place del Serre, Place de la Liberté, Place de l'Ormeau and Place Georges Clémenceau, was subsequently decided to dry laundry, fruits, and vegetables. Today, Castellar comprises four other squares named Place de l'Armée des Alpes, Place des Lavoirs, Place Maréchal Foch, and Place du Bastion.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration