Content being validated
Baudin's forges
0
0
The name 'Baudin' which appears on this furnace at Robert Marichy's turnery in Arinthod in the Jura department reminds us of the heyday of the ‘Forges de Baudin’. Created at the end of the 18th century around an old grain mill in which a blast furnace had been installed, the ‘Forges de Baudin’ underwent a considerable development until they became the third industrial site in Jura in the middle of the 19th century. Tools, stoves, furnaces and crosses were made there until the blast furnace was shut down in 1870 and the forges closed permanently in 1959.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring