Content being validated
The Quai Rauba-Capéu
0
0
In 1769, the new port of Lympia needed a communication route to replace the boats for the transport of goods to the city of Nice. The Ponchettes path, from "pounchetta" or "small rocky points" in Nice dialect, was then dug in the rocks of Castle Hill and completed in 1774. Widened in 1826 and renamed Quai Rauba-Capéu, it constituted a major urban and technical performance. In 2004, the quay was entirely renovated and won the 1st prize at the Urban Planning Trophies. A sundial, in which walkers play the role of the gnomon, is engraved on the ground in front of Nice's war memorial (right).
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring