Content being validated
The pink marble fountain
0
0
A pink marble fountain stands in the center of Place Ducale in Charleville-Mezieres. In 1899 it was replaced by a statue of Charles of Gonzague, the founder of the city. Exactly 100 years later, the square, which had been asphalted in the meantime, got its original cobblestones back, and the statue was moved near the train station. The case created a controversy, but the fountain in its original version definitely replaced Charles of Gonzague. In the 17th century, it was protected by a wooden enclosure with turnstiles that prevented animals from drinking the water.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring