Content being validated
The former residence of the Bishops of Cahors
The castle of Mercuès was the summer residence of the Bishops of Cahors for nearly seven centuries. They built the defensive fortress in the 13th century to protect themselves from the English troops and the pillagers that ravaged the Quercy region. Facing Cahors, the castle guarded the town and the Lot valley. Its facades and roofs have been listed as Historical Monuments since 1947. The castle of Mercuès has become a Relais & Châteaux hotel with a gourmet restaurant and a vineyard listed as Cahors AOC (Controlled Designation of Origin).
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration