Content being validated
Inside the north tower
0
0
The two towers of Reims Cathedral were erected during the 15th century following an idea by Collard of Givry. He worked on the site from 1416 to 1452. The towers rise to 267 ft (81.5 m), higher than Notre-Dame-de-Paris' (226 ft / 69 m). The north tower was completed in 1472, but the roof covering it was destroyed in 1515. Its belfry houses three small bells cast in 1831 and named Antoinette, Stéphanie, and Nicaise. The tower also shelters a collection of bells broken during the German bombing of 1914. The others melted during the fire that followed it.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring