Content being validated
From the Invalides' roof
The Hôtel des Invalides was built in the 17th century by order of Louis XIV, at the head of the largest army in Europe. Outside of times of war, soldiers had no place to be treated and many beg in the streets. The Sun King decided to create a building to accommodate those who have served the army. The Hôtel des Invalides opened to veterans in 1674, and he roof terraces of the church peak at nearly 80 m high (262 ft).
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration