Content being validated
Faithfully reconstructed
0
0
Above Reims Cathedral's choir, the stained-glass windows represent the Virgin and Christ on the Cross, accompanied by a college of apostles. They were offered by Henri of Braisne, 54th Archbishop of Reims between 1227 and 1240, who stands surrounded by his suffragans. The German bombings of 1914 destroyed half of the cathedral's windows. All the stained-glass windows in the radiating chapel have been faithfully reconstructed by the master glassmaker Jacques Simon thanks to sketches and surveys carried out in his time by his father.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring