Content being validated
Established in the Middle Ages
In the 15th century, a stone castle was built in Villarceaux on the site of the wooden medieval settlement. This was a necessary precaution during the Hundred Years’ War, as the seigneury was on the border of the French kingdom. The square enclosure was equipped with four towers and a moat. During the Renaissance, the moat was replaced by ornamental ponds and the castle became a pleasure house. In the 18th century, three wings of the manor were dismantled. Only the mill, the Saint-Nicolas tower, the outbuildings and the Ninon de Lenclos pavilion were preserved. The stones recovered were used to build the Château du Haut in 1755.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration