Content being validated
Dedicated to Christ's Sacred Heart
0
0
Charles-François Turinaz, Bishop of Nancy, wanted the Sacred Heart Basilica raised in Byzantine style. He decided on its construction in 1889, but its first stone was laid in 1902. The architect Antony Rougieux was entrusted with the monument dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, symbolized by the imposing statue adorning its summit. Bishop Turinaz was later buried in the left transept of the Basilica and Canon Blaise, who was responsible for supervising the work, in the right one. The monument includes the largest tenor's bell in Nancy. Its deep sound only rings for important events such as the election of a new pope or his death.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring