Content being validated
From advertising to war
The lighthouse of Verzenay originated in 1909 from an idea of Joseph Goulet, who wanted to advertise his champagne wines. His name appeared on all sides of the structure. Settled at the top of a hill near the village, the lighthouse sent light beams until Reims, more than 12 miles away (19 km). It was partially destroyed during both world wars, as it served as an observation post and suffered numerous bombings. The lighthouse was sold in 1987 by its former owner, the G.H. Mumm champagne group, to the municipality of Verzenay, which decided to renovate it.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration