Content being validated
Constructed by Libéral Bruant
The architect Libéral Bruant (1635-1697) became master general of the carpentry works of King Louis XIV in 1670. The following year he undertook the construction of the Hôtel des Invalides in Paris. The buildings were large and served as a hospital, hospice, barracks, and convent. As early as 1674, although the work had not yet been completed, they were used to house invalid soldiers from the king's armies, who were fed and housed thanks to the income from the royal abbeys. Bruant drew up plans for five courtyards, the largest of which is the Cour d’Honneur.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration