Content being validated
Built in the Grenelle plain
The Hôtel des Invalides, built on the orders of King Louis XIV between 1671 and 1678, welcomed the first invalid soldiers from the royal armies in 1674. To be housed at the Invalides, soldiers had to prove that they had served for ten years, which was later increased to twenty years in 1710 and to eighteen years from 1729. The buildings designed by the architects Libéral Bruant and Jules Hardouin-Mansart were built on a plot of land purchased by the King, on the plain of Grenelle, on the left bank of the Seine. The Hôtel was subsequently integrated into the urban development of Paris. It is now located in the 7th arrondissement.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration