Content being validated
Built with Bastille stones
Built between 1787 and 1791, in the midst of the revolutionary turmoil, the Pont de la Concorde (Concorde Bridge) has had several names. At first, it was called the Pont Louis-XVI, but in 1792 it was renamed the Pont de la Révolution. During the Restoration, Louis XVIII gave it back its initial name. Finally, in 1830, it took its current name. Composed of five arches, 153 metres long, the bridge is built partly with ashlars from the destruction of the Bastille fortress. It links the Place de la Concorde on the right bank to the National Assembly on the left bank. The Concorde Bridge was widened in 1930 and its width increased from 14 to 35 metres.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration