Content being validated
Essential to the crossing of the Rhône
Essential to the traffic between the two banks of the Rhône that it connects, unlike the famous Saint-Bénézet bridge, the Édouard Daladier bridge was put into service in 1961. It replaced the cable-stayed and hanger suspension bridge, initially tolled then free, built in 1843, and bombed in 1944. Repaired and consolidated during the Liberation, the latter was demolished in the early 1960s. Before the 1840s, a wooden bridge regularly damaged by floods crossed the two arms of the Rhône between Avignon and Villeneuve-lez-Avignon.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration