Content being validated
At the time of Charlemagne
0
0
The village of Orschwiller is cited for the first time in 748, under the name "Andaldovillare". It was later donated by Emperor Charlemagne to his chaplain Fulrad, who was supposedly born there. The village has always been a high place for viticulture. Around the time of Charlemagne's donation, the prelates of the Abbey of Ebermunster already exploited a large vineyard in Prelatenberg, a place still famous today. From the first construction of Haut-Koenigsbourg in 1145, the castle's lords ensured the supervision of the village and made it their exclusive fiefdom.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration