Content being validated
At the crossroads of major Parisian axes
The Place de la Concorde was designed in 1755 by Ange-Jacques Gabriel (1698-1782), the first architect of King Louis XV. Three of its sides are free of buildings: the Champs-Elysées, the Tuileries Gardens and the Quai de Seine. Located in the Champs-Elysées district, of which it marks the eastern end, the square occupies a privileged position at the crossroads of two major Parisian axes. The north-south axis – which runs from Montmartre to the National Assembly via the Madeleine Church – and the west-east axis, from the Grande Arche de La Défense to the Louvre Museum, via the Arc de Triomphe, the Avenue des Champs-Elysées and the Tuileries Gardens.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration