Content being validated
A Renaissance well
Built around 1610, this sculpted stone well belonged to the tailors’ and clothing trades’ guild of Colmar. In the 19th century, it was moved to the entrance of the Unterlinden Museum, which is located in the former Dominican convent. After the renovation of the museum in 2015, the well was again dismantled and installed this time in the cloister garden. At the top of the well, on the entablature supported by the columns, two stone cherubs carry shields (their spears have disappeared). In the centre, on a hollowed-out cartouche, a statuette of a naked woman is draped with a billowing veil.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration