Content being validated
A presence dating back to the Gallic era
The hill on which Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt extends was inhabited by different tribes in Gallic times. They grouped around the year 330 around the current Saint-Pierre district (Perréal) and formed a first village (Aniane) burnt by the Saracens in 869. The twelve survivors of Aniane then built on the rocky outcrop that dominates the current village a fortress, a primitive hamlet, and a church. Saint-Saturnin was the stronghold of various families and lords (the Agoults in 1190, the Puyloubiers in 1302, Guillaume de Luc in 1406) in the Middle Ages and Renaissance. The locality took the name of Saint-Savournin in 1607 and of Saint-Saturnin in 1770.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration