Content being validated
A lantern integrated into dwellings
The integral lighthouse of Saint-Samson-de-la-Roque in the Eure department has stood 374 ft (114 m) high since its inauguration in 1850. The architect Léonce Reynaud created a land lighthouse whose lantern and access are integrated into the dwellings of the keeper and his family. Made of brick, the lighthouse displays a slate and metal roof that consists of long pitches with a covered gable and a circular dome. The building guided the boats heading back toward Rouen until 1910.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration