Content being validated
Why is the Earth shaking?
The Earth's surface is made up of 95% of seven large tectonic plates. About forty small tectonic plates making up the remaining 5%. Each year, these plates move a few centimeters. The Earth is in perpetual motion. These plate movements generate tensions. When these voltages are too high, it causes waves that shake the ground. The greater the stresses exerted, the greater the earthquake. Newly, the earthquakes that occurred in Turkey and Syria are the results of plate movements between the Anatolian plate and the Arabian plate. The plates meet here, which is why earthquakes are unfortunately common in the region.
Read More
Related content

Médias en cours d’exploration