Content being validated
Two structures from the 19th century
0
0
Built from 1829 onwards and operated in 1831, the lighthouse of Cap Camarat was not electrified until after the Second World War. Since 1977, the structure has been fully automated and remotely controlled from Porquerolles station. It adjoins the Cap Camarat semaphore built later, between 1861 and 1863, and refitted a century after its construction, in 1967. The semaphore, managed by the French Navy, now houses a watch cabin adapted to its role dedicated to surveillance and rescue at sea.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring