Content being validated
The high altar of the conventual church
0
0
The conventual church of Mont Sainte-Odile was built from 1686 to 1692. The high altar, from 1890, is surmounted by the statue of the Virgin Mary, patroness saint of the church. Two golden angels support with their arms a crown above the Blessed Sacrament. Below is a monstrance, made in 1931-1932 by goldsmith Edmond Becker. He drew his inspiration from the Hortus Deliciarium, an encyclopedia by Herrade of Landsberg. It bears the coats of arms of five of the largest towns in Alsace: Strasbourg, Mulhouse, Colmar, Sélestat, and Haguenau.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring