Content being validated
On the Hochberg glassmaking site
The Lalique Museum is located on the former glassmaking site of Hochberg, in Wingen-sur-Moder. The Lalique factory has been in the same Alsatian village since 1921. The region, filled with both silica and wood, was appropriate for the glass industry. The creation of the museum revived the Hochberg district. The castle of Teutsch, facing the museum, was built in 1863 by Edouard Teutsch, the last owner of the local glassworks that shut down five years later. It became the property of Silvio Denz, owner of the Lalique crystal glass-making factory.
Read More
Related content

Media currently exploring