Content being validated
Clos de Vougeot’s rocky history
0
0
Owned from the Middle Ages by the abbey of Cîteaux, the Clos de Vougeot suffered the consequences of the French Revolution: the domain was first confiscated then declared State property on February 13, 1790. Throughout the 19th century, successive owners followed one another, and the vines were fragmented. Until 1889, when a wine merchant, Léonce Bocquet, acquired Clos de Vougeot and the adjoining vineyards. He saved the building from destruction and restored it in a neo-Renaissance style.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring