Content being validated
Operation of the lighthouse of La Revellata
4
0
In Northwestern Corsica, at the tip of the peninsula of La Revellata, the eponymous lighthouse watches over navigators. It was built in 1838 and it has been lit in 1844. It runs on vegetable oil and emitted a steady white light. In 1906, the lighthouse emitted 2 white shards every 10 seconds at a range of 21 miles. Nowadays it is automated and remotely controlled from Bastia.
Read More
Translate
Related content

Media currently exploring