Content being validated
Developed by Alfred Théodore Courmes
The land that today forms the Domaine du Rayol in Rayol-Canadel-sur-Mer was purchased in 1909 by the Parisian banker and colonial explorer Alfred Théodore Courmes (1859-1934) and his young wife Thérèse Chouanard. He grew in a family of manufacturers of cork stoppers and landowners from the neighboring town of Bormes-les-Mimosas. The couple carried out the first installations of the park between 1910 and 1914 and had the first buildings erected on the estate.
Read More
Related content

Media currently exploring